Tuesday 22 January 2008

What you didn't see in the pics below...

Probably shouldn't do this, but heck, I'm a real person and this is life, right! OK, here's what the rest of the room looked like yesterday. Let me point out that it doesn't actually ALWAYS look like this either. A combo of the two is just about right!

The hall stand is also not usually in the middle of the room - it's going to go in the space the bookshelf left for now until I find something perfect for that wall - but hey, the paint had to dry and it had to go somewhere! Zak's ever-increasing transportation options are also not usually blocking the front door but would have ruined the look of the room - and you can't possibly have that!

Zak's toys take up this corner usually, but luckily, the angle I shot the pic from, they couldn't be seen!

We moved our huge cubed bookshelf to another room to paint the wall behind it and so everything in it is calling our dining table home for the moment. There's also a pile of Zak's toys hiding behind the couch.

My other cheats in the room were...
- The cushions are actually just older cushions wrapped up in new fabric. I did buy the fabric to make cushion covers but only managed to get three sides sewn before the sewing machine packed it in (I'm very good with getting appliances to work, obviously).
- I flipped the rug around and moved the coffee table into the middle of the room so it looked better. Usually, Zak gets free rein of the whole rug and the coffee table is closer to the other couch. And just a week ago, my rug was actually those coloured foam alphabet square puzzle pieces. Until they became a snack instead of a playmat for my monkey child.
- Normally, the coffee table is covered in cups, blocks, snacks and remote controls.
- The picture of Zak on the entertainment unit was moved there to hide a little signal box and fill the gap.
- The wicker chair is usually in our bedroom cause that corner is constantly changing - the ottoman was there, then the Christmas tree, now Zak's pram and bike...
- A huge green baby Shrek toy is usually sitting on the brown two-seater couch, but was banished.

In other news, I've managed to keep the coffee table the same for a whole day and a half. I guess it helped that I wasn't at home today....

2 comments:

cstar said...

I think it looks great with or without the everyday stuff/mess - we all have it. I am always in awe of anyone who constantly has a clean house - when do that clean it? or when DON'T they clean it - it must be exhausting! I really like your entertainment unit btw - very clever! I really enjoy your blog, its always the first one i check every morning!

belinda graham said...

Thanks cstar! Looking forward to your blog too, I could never be a clean freak. I'm way too lazy!