Friday 18 April 2008

to warm your insides

Yu-um

All that talk of lattes and cream in the carpet post made me head to the fridge and heat up a huge slice of sticky date pudding Zak and I made yesterday (well I made, Zak just ate the dates and licked the bowl). I'm sure you really don't care about my afternoon tea indulgences, and I wouldn't normally post recipes, but I just have to share this one with you because it's hands down the bestest sticky date pudding ever. And is somehow even better when you make it yourself.
At work, we have access to the Women's Weekly test kitchen so if it's someone's birthday, you can order a cake (like mars bar cheesecake or pavlova or choc mud cake) and have the professionals whip it up for you. It's rather awesome. So one year I ordered the sticky date pudding - I'm a May birthday so something warm was essential! - and then tracked down the recipe and made it again myself that weekend. Cause as anyone who knows me will attest, I'm a rather great cake eater.
So, here it is: Warm date pudding with butterscotch sauce. Make it tonight and eat it warm on the couch with a dollop of cream or ice cream or both, a movie and listen to the rain rather than heading out in it. And don't feel bad that there is not one ingredient in it that could be regarded as remotely healthy. If I'm happy to eat it knowing my baby is pretty much fully grown and is only going to store anything fatty I eat from now on, therefore causing a bigger baby, then you should be!!
Have a good weekend
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.