Friday 14 November 2008

my swan princess


Organic Swan Onesie, $US18 by Green Thread Shop

There seem to be a few select nicknames that babies get: bubs, monkey, princess. I'm afraid I'm not very original: Zak is monkey because he's so cheeky and cute. It's also his most fave toy ever, but for all the love, he refuses to call it monkey: he calls it "Ooh Ahh". And so far, Layla is Angel or Princess because, well, they seem so girlie. I was calling her Princess Layla and was a little horrified when it dawned on me we'd named her after a Star Wars character. But when I mentioned this to my Star Wars guru of a husband Steve, he assured me it's actually Princess Leia. Close, though.

Steve is of the opinion that because Zak's nickname is also his fave toy, Layla needs a two-in-one too. So Swan Princess she has become. He thought a swan was fitting for a little girl - white (which she SO is), graceful and beautiful. And if she inherits my long neck, all the more fitting! So far, not much luck in the swan toy department, but I did find this cute little organic onesie with a swan on it which I'm going to get her for Chrissy. But in a week or so because I discovered the seller is coming to Australia and will be shipping from here the week of Nov 22 which will mean it's cheaper! I'm a thrifty girl at heart...

Now I know I'm not the most original, but there must be some good nick names out there - so share away! And don't forget the story behind it!
Bx

PS: My monkey's 2nd birthday party is on Sunday. I decided on a bit of a "ball" theme (well, "round" theme) because he's completely obsessed with balls. I'll share pics on Monday.

PPS: DOH! I just realised when I posted this I posted it to the wrong blog. Meant for Mini Meez, but might as well leave it. I'd blame baby brain, but I'm starting to wonder if I have a brain to blame the baby on anymore!

6 comments:

alivicwil said...

I'm Alisa. My parents' childhood nickname for me was AliCat :)

Anonymous said...

Here you go, some swan softies:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_4&listing_id=13878090

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_1&listing_id=12695818

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_5&listing_id=11634236

Found these on Etsy. There are also quite a few who would likely do you a custom order on there.

Anonymous said...

Very remarkable topic

Anonymous said...

Bravo, you were visited with an excellent idea

Anonymous said...

Excuse, I have removed this idea :)

Anonymous said...

It agree, very good message


Has found a site with a theme interesting you. Hot Health